Thanks everyone...gather from Router group I can not use the JUMBO size..
Network not setup to handle this ++ $$$

From:
"Shumate, Scott" <scshum...@bbandt.com>
To:
IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date:
04/14/2010 09:53 AM
Re: Fw: LINUX on the MAINFRAME
Sent by:
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

That is a true statement.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Ward, Mike S
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 10:32 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Fw: LINUX on the MAINFRAME

Be careful changing the MTU size. Most routers can handle the 1500, but
larger MTUs may be fragmented into small chunks. I believe there was a
discussion on this list about MTU size and if I remember correctly
someone said(it may have been Chris Mason) that if the router isn't
configured correctly that it would reject the larger MTU size packet.
You might want to search the archives before you change MTU size.