Anton, don't you think you are unfair ? Just a little ? Do you
honestly think System z technology compared to other is like comparing
F-22 to Ford Model T ? Or did you even mean all IBM servers ?
Do you think all IBM customers are unknowing/naive ? Or all mainframe
customers being unknowing/naive ?
And unfortunately I don't know any customer who feels proud to give
any money to IBM (or any other company). They want to save as much as
possible.
But I see TCO studies that show how System z is competitive and how
customers can save money running on z instead of distributed. Of
course there is no one size fits all.
And yes, I work for IBM.

Marian Gasparovic
IBM Slovakia