John,

sounds like a good idea to me and I would go for it in a test environment. But
in production there are things like recovery organization. In our systems
catalogs are in the same storage pool like the application data and backup is
done together with them. How would you organize it when all catalogs on one
volume and you are not doing a backup of the whole dasd farm? How to keep
consistent or do you have an ISV product for this instance?

Reiner MARKUS
sysprog
Germany