Wow.  I don't think I could bring myself to put all of my catalogs on the
same device - RAID DASD or no RAID DASD.

I worked in Storage Management only for a year back in the mid-90's, so
PAV's are something I'm not familiar with.  Going by the name only (and some
very quick lookup via Google); are they some sort of constant/permanent Dual
Copy situation?  Automatic failover?

BTW... in searching for "PAV + IBM" on Google, I ran across this link that
you may already be familiar with, but I was not.  Very cool stuff that I
just thought I would share.  The "Vintage Views" links to the right of this
page I thought were fascinating.  Some marketing blurb about the IBM Stretch
computer bragged about the fact that it "only" took up 2000 sq. feet of
floor space.  I felt that, among all the other techno-babble, was probably
the most telling.

http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/vintage/vintage_4506VV2085.html

All the best,

Scott T. Harder