Hello Leonard,

I always understood it was because the z box is smart and doesnt allow it's
time to go backwards. Which is why IBM charge so much for the sysplex
timers.

And the "other" boxes dont care if the time jumps backwards or forwards,
but I imagine that there could be problems if they had to forward recover a
database after the box time went backwards. :-)

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:40:33 -0700, Leonard Woren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

<snip>
>So the question is why can't the z boxes use ntp to stay accurate?
>

>/Leonard

Regards
Bruce Hewson