In a recent note, Ed Finnell said:

> Date:         Thu, 27 Oct 2005 08:54:10 EDT
>
> In a message dated 10/27/2005 2:45:48 A.M. Central Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> Does  anybody reboot their PC due to DST?
>
> No, but I average about 5 times a week for updates, anti-virus,
> spyware, ad-ware, on a pretty vanilla system.

Get something else.  My iBook says, now:

    500 $ uptime
     8:18  up 14 days, 10:34, 4 users, load averages: 0.15 0.03 0.16

... and I once reached about 400 days on my Solaris workstation.

But I perceive a significant dearth of objectivity in this thread.
Admit it.  The PFCSKs are right on this one.  There's no justification
nowadays for a requirement to POR (not just IPL, mind you, POR) to
make certain clock changes.  Shrug.  It's just something the
designers of the TOD clock overlooked.  Maybe things will improve
with the newly announced time protocol.

-- gil
--
StorageTek