On Wednesday 05 May 2010, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
> On Tue, 4 May 2010 23:18:14 -0500, Bob Wood wrote:
> >                            Filezilla os OK as long as you don't
> > have a need to transfer files to USS, which it does not handle
> > well.
>
> I'm mystified.  I use Filezilla server for SMP/E RECEIVE FROMNETWORK,
> which transfers to Unix files, quite successfully.  What are the
> problems?  Or are you thinking of Filezilla client, with which I
> have no experience.

I regularly use the FileZilla client on Windows, Linux, and Solaris
workstations to connect to both the MVS and Unix sides of z/OS with no
problem.

However, there are a couple of caveats:

You need an up to date version - older versions of the FileZilla indeed
didn't understand the Unix side of z/OS. The oldest version I can find
on any of my workstations id 3.0.1, which works fine.

You need to specify the server type as Unix under the Advanced tab to
access you Unix filesystem.

--
Bob Woodside
Woodsway Consulting, Inc.