charl...@mcn.org (Charles Mills) writes:
> Um ... the Y2K "thingie" was real. Without the efforts of a lot of the
> people on this list data processing as we know it WOULD have come to an end.

Y2K remediation also contributed heavily to outsourcing uptik. Y2K
remediation was competing for resources with on-going projects and the
internet bubble ... so lots of institutions were forced to go overseas
for the temporary resources to handle Y2K remediation. Y2K remediation
then created business relationships that continued after Y2K activity
finished.

Then there are the stories involving at least one large financial
institution that outsorced Y2K remediation to the lowest bidder w/o
adequately checking their references (and later found interesting extra
pieces of code in places where they shouldn't have been).

--
42yrs virtualization experience (since Jan68), online at home since Mar1970