On Wed, 26 May 2010 15:01:51 -0500, Brian Peterson wrote:

>We replicate all JES2 data sets (spool, checkpoint, etc) to our remote site,
>and we have NEVER failed to warm start JES2 using our asynchronous DASD
>replication solution - a solution which also guarantees consistency.
>
>If the DASD replication solution is valid - that is, that consistency is
>achieved at the remote site, there is no reason JES2 will fail wam start.  I
>would postulate that a "JES2 failure to warm start" problem would be an
>indication that the replication solution does not maintain consistency at
>your remote site, or else you are not including all of JES2's files in the
>replication solution.

We too have never had problems with JES2 warm start during our recovery
tests, although our primary ckpt data set was allocated in a coupling
facility. But, we replicated *all* data with a "point-in-time" consistency.
Actually, we had two scenarios:

1. data center move - all data

2. recovery tests - all data except test data for applications

As we have been doing it with HCD subsystems we used Hitachi BCM & HUR for
replication and consistency.

--
Zaromil