On 2 Jul 2010 13:51:38 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>I thought so too until I encountered "backdoor graybird".
>
>Let me tell you this stuff is super subtle complete with boot sector traps,
>registry trojans.
>
>You need anti-virus in the toymachine world.
>
>Mainframe is still below the radar.

At least no exploits have been publicized.  I would assume there could
be some interesting attacks on mainframe web-servers and for
compromises, insiders are still the biggest worry.  Linux and Apple
are both getting enough use that writing viruses (etc.) for fun and
profit can be worth while.  Remember the vulnerability can be in the
browser, the web-server, or the email package.

Clark Morris