Thanks Bob, nicely put. Covers my attitude pretty well.
As for Sams contention, I'd much rather everybody had a (published) API to use
rather than try to
dig around and write their own. A lot of that skillset (and knowledge) seems to
be disappearing -
given some of the threads here over recent times, that seems a lot more of an
exposure than
using a "legitimate" hook.

Shane ...