Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 7:55 AM
Subject: Re: ENQ trap for dynamic allocation

This thread has had some interesting comments. I agree that in todays world it is a terrible idea to develop your own screening or front-end code to provide
functionality.  The ENQ front-end was done 15 years ago and has served us
well.  It has allowed us to sort-of "have our cake and eat it too".  Our
requirement was to prevent "test" jobs from adversely affecting "production" jobs. This was in the days of a single LPAR and using the security system to prevent all access was not deemed to be a good idea. I accept the fact that this facility will be retired. I do have a question. What do most shops do to prevent this condition? I see three options. I hope there are more. One - I
think CA-MIM can address this problem.  Is that true?  Two - Totally
physically isolate development from production and do not allow them to even see production files. Three - Use the security system to not even allow READ
access.  Again - how do you address this issue?