At 09:02 -0800 on 11/01/2005, Mark Yuhas wrote about Module description:

We are going through a security audit and Sarbannes-Oxley compliance.  I
keep getting questions about obscure [IBM] modules and their functions.

In my opinion, the Auditor has NO valid reason to be asking this question about ANY IBM (or other Vendor) supplied module. It is their job to KNOW this information or they are not qualified to be doing the audit in the first place. The only modules they have any justification to be asking this type of question about is your USER WRITTEN Application code and exits from IBM and other Vendor Code.