On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 11:08:26 -0500, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) <shmuel+ibm-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>I suppose an auditor might be trained to ask "Does the vendor say
>>these modules have to be in an authorized library?" and pass the
>>question to the vendor only if the answer is "Yes".
>
>That's reasonable if the auditor is incompetent. If the auditor is
>good then I'd want him to ensure that the vendor doesn't have any
>trojan horses in the software that my users are calling.

Unless I misunderstand what you said, I think we're saying about the same
thing.

If the product was installed in an authorized library when the vendor did
not require it, there's no sense aproaching the vendor; there's a local
security issue.

But if the vendor *does* require an authorized library then the auditor
might want to approach the vendor.  Might.

Pat O'Keefe