On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:06:40 -0500, Walt Farrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>I'm not sure I understand how you would expect an auditor to be able to
>verify that a vendor hadn't shipped a trojan horse.  You really want all
>the auditors visiting all the vendors and personally inspecting all the
>code?

Sure.  All the auditors have to do is examine all the code and look for
comments saying "Trojan Horse" or "Worm" or "Virus".  In fact, I can't
think of much I'd rather see them doing.  It would be pain supplying them
with all that source, but I don't think you would need to worry about any
technology transfer happening.

Pat O'Keefe