Mike Wood said :

> > > Considering the future, and, hopefully, EAV being more prevalent
> > > in future, a better choice than DCBTIOT is to use DSABTIOT.

> > Is that due to EAV, or rather XTIOT?

> Dynamic allocation options that can be exploited based on new option in R12

Are you saying that in z/OS R12, DCBTIOT may no longer be updated when
GET/READ switches to the next DD in a concatenation ?  In the past 35 years,
to detect this type of situation in my programs, I used the fact that DCBTIOT
is updated.  If it no longer happens, it would be a surprise !

--
 Gilbert Saint-Flour
 GSF Software