Dale McCart wrote:
Look at MAXMAILBYTES in z/OS Communications Server IP Configuration Reference SC31-8776-15 "This value is also used to determine the space allocation requirements for the data sets which hold the mail during processing (see Usage Notes in this topic)."

Ah, good on you. That's the piece I couldn't find.

Dale McCart Senior Systems Programmer / zSeries, z/OS, z/VM, zLinux Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. 9950 Jeronimo Rd. Irvine, California 92618-2084 Telephone: (949) 770-0400 extension 2316 Fax: (949) 460-5576 E-mail: dale.mcc...@kmc-usa.com

Linda Mooney <linda.lst...@comcast.net> Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
08/17/2010 03:30 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Current production abend of SMTP

Greetings All,

Just had a production abend of SMTP. One of our application programmers ran a job to email a few (1.2 million) records to a customer. SMPT crashed, SB37 on SMTP.TEMP.NOTE. I renamed that file to SMTP.TEMP.NOTE .OLD after the offending job was deleted from JES2 and we started SMTP again. It filled the dataset again, SB37 again, odd thing is that the content is exactly the same as before.

None of us know much about SMTP. What would be the best way to recover this?

TIA,

Linda Mooney

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment