From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Linda Mooney
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 16:47
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Current production abend of SMTP

Hi Ulrich,

We used to have PKZIP, but lost it to the budget woes.

I also found out that the LRECL on the file was 2300 bytes - clearly not
something that should/could be emailed.  Our network sysprog also found some
info on IBMLINK about SMTP not liking large LRECL.

The programmer has been told that he must write anythin large to a dataset and
then ftp.  You are right about the likelyhood of email choking on that big a
file.

Thanks,

Linda