On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 08:00 -0400, Chase, John wrote:
> ISTR that "PDF" (now ISPF option 2) was the full-screen editor; an
> add-on to "SPF".

The original "Structured Programming Facility" (which had nothing to do
with structured programming, a buzzword of the day) became the
"Interactive System Productivity Facility, and then was later split into
ISPF-base and ISPF/PDF and priced separately.  I suppose that you could
have licensed *only* ISPF-base if you wanted it to run e.g. Info/Access,
but I never ran into an installation that did that.

Eventually IBM collapsed the products into one again.

--
David Andrews
A. Duda and Sons, Inc.