bi...@mainstar.com (Bill Fairchild) writes:
> I was writing about the prevalence of TSO and ISPF, not their exact
> birthdates.  I should have made that clearer in my previous post.

old references to why VM370 performance products and ISPF development
were merged into the same group (also reference to similar reason why
JES2 networking and VNET were originally announced as combined product):
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006k.html#50 TSO and more was: PDP-1
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2009s.html#46 DEC-10 SOS Editor Intra-Line Editing
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010g.html#6 Call for XEDIT freaks, submit ISPF
requirements
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010g.html#50 Call for XEDIT freaks, submit ISPF
requirements

side-effect of unbundling, starting to charge for software, and
gov. looking over your shoulder ...  misc. posts mentioning 23jun69
unbundling
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/submain.html#unbundle