> I'm working with stone knives and bearskins trying to clean up some
> space. In ISMF I can generate a list of datasets, but would very much
> like to capture that so I can analyze it. If I do a SAVE SOMENAME, I
> get an E37 ABEND.
>
> Two questions:
> 1) What dataset is it trying to write?
> 2) How can I tell it what volser to use? (I realize the answer to #1
> may make this moot)
>
> OK, a third question: Is this even worthwhile? Is this list going to
> be in a format I can parse?
> -\\

I think the SAVE command puts it in your TSO Profile dataset.  There should
be a message in SYSLOG for your SE37 abend that will tell you what library
got the space abend.

You could use Option 1 (I think SAVE is 2) which will let you print the
listing.  If you do this, it should lead you to a JCL panel and you can
change SYSUT2 to a dataset from SYSOUT.

Lizette