From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C]
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:26 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Reports for GB per hour to tape

Can anyone suggest a methodology to measure GB per hour written to tape?

Management is seeking to evaluate the additional CPU overhead that s/w
encryption might entail.

IBM's Volume mount analyzer gives tape allocation and tape mounts per hour but
not, to my knowledge, GB written per hour.

Yes, we are still discussing h/w vs. s/w encryption. Thank you to all who
responded to the earlier thread.

Thank You,
Dave O'Brien
NIH Contractor

The information contained in this e-mail may contain confidential and/or
privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please reply to
sender and destroy or delete the message and any attachments. Thank you.