>Why are you so opposed to my mentioning some recommended approaches?

It's a matter what to do vs how to do it.

The recommendations tend to become instructions, and as SYSPROGs 'dumb down'
inconsistent implementations abound.

Just tell me what is needed, first.
If you think your recommendations have merit, fine, but list them under
possibilities, not in with prerequisites.

Been burned a few times by SYSPROGs, blindly following recommendations, eg:

For performance reasons, we recommend you put the programmes in LPA.

Boom! CICS wouldn't come up.

It should have said something like:

If performance is a consideration, and you have the capability, placing some,
or all, programmes in the LPA is an option.

Yes, the example may be out-dated, and possibly not a concern, today.
But, **it happens.
And, this is the first example that pops to mind.

-
I'm a SuperHero with neither powers, nor motivation!
Kimota!