>That is the IPL that could put us in a wait state. However in our
>case we would be able to create the IPL text appropriately from another
>system in this particular event (that is why I say it is not such a risk
>for us).
> but for some it might be
>possible that they can't run the ICKDSF job appropriately

Then they have a wrong maintenance strategy in the first place, IMO. The
thing to do is keep the old system residence (the one that works) around so
that it can be re-IPL'd without any changes. Then there is a system where the
ICKDSF job can be run from.

>because I don't like the reason "to protect IBM" in this context.
You would, too, if you had had (repeatedly) to look at sadumps where
something was so much wrong that the system later wait states on some
seemingly completely unrelated thing that takes forever to debug because the
root cause was mismatch in ipltext and nucleus.

>but when I get a
>Windows message saying I must reboot my workstation or the system may
>become unstable, I carry on working, and I've never had cause to regret
>that approach.
z/OS isn't something clickable (yet).

Barbara Nitz