In <a6b9336cdb62bb46b9f8708e686a7ea005d5e05...@nrhmms8p02.uicnrh.dom>,
on 11/29/2010
   at 09:57 AM, "McKown, John" <john.mck...@healthmarkets.com> said:

>Each to his own. I prefer "the human touch" on password resets. But
>I'm an old paranoid <grin>. In my arrogance, somebody who cannot
>remember their RACF password likely can't remember their own name,
>either. A passphrase may be more difficult. But 8 stupid characters,
>max?

One of the curses of the computer industry is people who believe that
their &foo[1] is the only one, and aren't concerned about what happens
when &bar has to use both your &foo and &baz's &foo. Eith characters
isn't very much to remember if you only have one password. By the time
you have half a dozen, it becomes an issue.

[1] E.g., dongle, password