On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 15:01:00 -0700, Steve Comstock
<st...@trainersfriend.com> wrote:

>On 12/31/2010 2:51 PM, Mark Zelden wrote:
>> Lizette was close.  In z/OS 1.10 there was change made so that downleveled
>> LE runtime was not supported.  Part of that change also included a change
>> to CEEROPT:
>>
>> "CEEROPT is expanded so that it can now be loaded outside of the CICS and
>> LRR environments.
>> This support is controlled by using keywords in CEEPRMxx parmlib members.
>>   For more details, see z/OS Language Environment Customization."
>>
>> I remember hearing about it all at SHARE in being very confused. I was also
>> concerned because we had one app still using a very old LE runtime because
>> it needed the RTEREUS=(ON) option for Datacom /COBOL and of course setting
>> it at execution time is too late since the runtime environment is already
built.

>> I could have created a special "current" LE loadlib with the option
linked in,
>> but the change in z/OS 1.10 gave me the excuse to finally "force" the
>> application owner to create / link in a CEEUOPT with the required setting
>> into the app.
>>
>> Mark
>> --
>> Mark Zelden - Zelden Consulting Services - z/OS, OS/390 and MVS
>
>Right. But Frank was looking for something that did not
>require linking with each load module. Sort of common
>dynamic runtime settings.
>

>From what I thought I understood from SHARE, you didn't need to do that.
My statement about CEEUOPT is what I would have done since LE would
not have supported using a downleveled runtime (so I was told).  But even
if the app didn't change, from what the LE developer told me, I could have
used the new CEEROPT support instead.  But as I stated... it was all
a bit confusing and since the app changed, I never looked into it further.

Regards - and Happy New Year (to everyone on the listserv),

Mark
mailto:mzel...@flash.net