On 12/31/2010 1:06 PM, Frank Swarbrick wrote:
Thanks for the validation, Steve!  :-)  That is exactly what I am
wanting.  I'd like to be able do "something" so that an entire
batch job with multiple EXEC PGM=... steps would share the same
ENVAR runtime option.  Is this not a reasonable thing to want?
Maybe I'll open a SHARE requirement...  Would you vote for it?

Frank

Sure would.

I think to prevent breaking existing procedures, you would need
to have a new member name, say CEEJOPT or CEEBOPT. One problem
I see is that the libraries in the JOBLIB or STEPLIB concatenation
would need to be searced to see if such an entry were present; this
could be a long search. Ah, maybe a JCL parm that tells LE to look
for this or not (default being 'not', so existing jobstreams don't
need to change).

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our new tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html