Thanks for the validation, Steve!  :-)  That is exactly what I am wanting.  I'd
like to be able do "something" so that an entire batch job with multiple EXEC
PGM=... steps would share the same ENVAR runtime option.  Is this not a
reasonable thing to want?  Maybe I'll open a SHARE requirement...  Would you
vote for it?

Frank
--

Frank Swarbrick
Applications Architect - Mainframe Applications Development

On 12/31/2010 at 12:45 PM, in message <4d1e32de.1040...@trainersfriend.com>,
Steve Comstock <st...@trainersfriend.com> wrote:
> On 12/31/2010 11:27 AM, Frank Swarbrick wrote:
>> Is CEEROPT supposed to be able to affect a regular batch job,
>> or is it just for CICS and IMS?  I assembled a CEEROPT in to
>> a private load library and then put it in my JOBLIB concatenation
>> but it doesn't appear to have any effect.  Works fine for a CICS
>> region.  Is this "working as designed"?  The documentation is (to
>> me) unclear if regular batch is supported in this regard.
>>
>> Frank
>>

> Frank,
>
> CEEROPT is only for IMS and CICS regions.
>
> You can use CEEUOPT, but it must be explicitly bound with each main
> program you want to use it.
>
> I know of no way to get a set of runtime options for all members
> in a library or JOBLIB concatenation, which it looks like you are
> trying to do.
>
> You can use a run-time DD statement, CEEOPTS, that can point to
> a run-time parameter list; perhaps this would come closest to
> meeting your needs, since you already are using a JOBLIB: just
> add a CEEOPTS DD, pointing to a file / member / inline list
> of runtime parms.
>

> As far as the docs, I think you're right: in the customization
> book there is a reference to using CEEROPT here (page 21):
>
>    Region-specific z/OS batch/IMS/LRR/CICS CEEWROPT CEEROPT
>
> which makes it seem that CEEROPT can influence batch; and then,
> later (page 28):
>
>    If a CEEROPT load module is present in a program search order,
>    Language Environment loads and merges the options in CEEROPT
>    with the installation default run-time options.
>
> Since you had CEEROPT in a JOBLIB, that certainly would be in the
> "program search order". Hmmm. I've never tried this for batch.
>

> So, I went out and tried it. I could not get a CEEROPT
> module in the steplib concatenation to matter. So the
> docs should be considered misleading on this point.

The information contained in this electronic communication and any document
attached hereto or transmitted herewith is confidential and intended for the
exclusive use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
examination, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
or any part thereof is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy this communication.  Thank you.