Well, I really would prefer both.  CEEROPT can be used for, as you say, all
batch jobs.  I would like as well something that could be done at the first
step in a job and have the remaining jobs pick it up.  I'm pondering how that
can be done without making a requirement of IBM.  I'm thinking perhaps a
temporary PDS can be created in step 1 and have the necessary CEEROPT written
to it, and then that PDS can be used in a STEPLIB in the later steps.  Not sure
if it will work, but worth trying.  Is this what Mark was referring to below?

Frank
--

Frank Swarbrick
Applications Architect - Mainframe Applications Development

On 1/1/2011 at 9:56 AM, in message <4d1f5cb1.4060...@trainersfriend.com>, Steve
Comstock <st...@trainersfriend.com> wrote:
> On 12/31/2010 4:24 PM, Frank Swarbrick wrote:
>> !!!
>> I didn't see Lizette's message, but I believe this is exactly
>> what I want!  I just tried it (SETCEE CEEROPT,ALL) and now my
>> batch job is picking up my CEEROPT.  Tres cool!
>
> Ah, I see. So I misunderstood what you wanted. I thought
> you wanted to choose to use CEEROPT on a job level or
> step level. But you want to use it for all batch jobs.
>
> My LE course mentions that CEEROPT is no longer just for
> CICS or IMS, depending on a PARMLIB member, from z/OS 1.10
> on. Since it's an application programmer oriented course,
> I don't go into any more detail. Think I'll leave it at
> that, but put a note into the Instructor Notes doc with a
> little more detail.
>
> Thanks for starting the discussion.
>

>> And it's all there in pink and purple in the documentation.
>> I just didn't know what to look for!
>>
>> Now I can end the year on a good note, even if it's just a small thing.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Frank
>>
>> On 12/31/2010 at 2:51 PM, in message
>> <listserv%201012311551042363.0...@bama.ua.edu>, Mark
>> Zelden<mzel...@flash.net>
>> wrote:
>>> Lizette was close.  In z/OS 1.10 there was change made so that downleveled
>>> LE runtime was not supported.  Part of that change also included a change
>>> to CEEROPT:
>>>
>>> "CEEROPT is expanded so that it can now be loaded outside of the CICS and
>>> LRR environments.
>>> This support is controlled by using keywords in CEEPRMxx parmlib members.
>>>   For more details, see z/OS Language Environment Customization."
>>>
>>> I remember hearing about it all at SHARE in being very confused. I was also
>>> concerned because we had one app still using a very old LE runtime because
>>> it needed the RTEREUS=(ON) option for Datacom /COBOL and of course setting
>>> it at execution time is too late since the runtime environment is already
>>> built.
>>>
>>> I could have created a special "current" LE loadlib with the option linked
>>> in,
>>> but the change in z/OS 1.10 gave me the excuse to finally "force" the
>>> application owner to create / link in a CEEUOPT with the required setting
>>> into the app.
>>>
>>> Mark
>>> --
>>> Mark Zelden - Zelden Consulting Services - z/OS, OS/390 and MVS
>>> mailto:mzel...@flash.net
>>> Mark's MVS Utilities: http://home.flash.net/~mzelden/mvsutil.html
>>> Systems Programming expert at http://expertanswercenter.techtarget.com/

The information contained in this electronic communication and any document
attached hereto or transmitted herewith is confidential and intended for the
exclusive use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
examination, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
or any part thereof is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy this communication.  Thank you.