I have been following this thread for a bit.  Maybe I missed where the
has been answered.

Are COBOL LOAD modules incompatible between VSE and Z/os?  (specifically
regarding file handling?)  If not, is there an option to delay or stage
the changing and recompiling/binding of the COBOL SOURCE code until
after the conversion.  The programs could be changed as they come up for
maintenance or encounter a problem?  If the old ones can continue to
run,  you could use historical data to determine if certain programs are
often maintained or fails frequently, and work on those programs first?

Kriss

Kriss Davis
Project Manager, CIRBN
ITDC Room 122C, Mail Code 6370