Is it possible to test-drive the SR application (ie. opening issue with IBM)
before pulling the plug on the ETR application ?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Christian Gilmore
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 11:46 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: IBM Service Request (SR)

Hello,

I am the Initiative Leader for IBM's Problem Reporting Infrastructure.
Within that initiative is the effort to migrate ServiceLink customers from the
ETR application to IBM Service Request (SR). Based in part upon the concerns
raised on this mailing list, we have slowed the migration and are evaluating a
new deadline. An announcement was recently made on ServiceLink to this effect.
We are also evaluating what more we can do during this migration time frame to
ease your transition.

I wanted to provide some general background on IBM's rationale for this
migration. When IBM started its transformation efforts, our customers had six
different applications to use, depending upon how they purchased their products
from IBM. Our goal is to provide a single service request management
application that supports all of our customers through all of our lines of
business. Our primary customer value objectives are to eliminate customer
confusion over which web application to use, combine best of breed use cases to
improve ease-of-use, and ultimately increase satisfaction with our Electronic
Support offerings.

The SR application provides some substantial enhancements over ETR, such
as:

File uploads – Attach multiple files to the service request in-line View/manage
all service requests – Manage service requests regardless of channel of input
or of open/closed status and access archived service requests up to one year
Business partner integration – Collaborate on service requests with your
IBM-authorized business partners Language options – Interact in multiple
languages based upon browser setting Personalization options – Personalize many
functions and displays Continuous availability – Access to three hosting
centers, each with internal redundancy, operating at 150% capacity in normal
operation

I have linked my presentation to SHARE from this past August in Boston.
Some of the screen shots may be a bit different than current production, so
please excuse that minor differentiation. As always, if you have specific
issues with using the SR application, you can submit an assistance request
online or via e-mail. Also, we have recently published a Technical Note for
common issues that ETR users have experienced. This note will be linked from
ServiceLink within the next few business days.

Thanks,
Christian

Christian Gilmore
Distinguished IT Architect
Problem Reporting Infrastructure Initiative Leader IBM Worldwide Technical
Support Transformation