Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main
To: <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 2:46 PM
Subject: IBM Service Request (SR)

Hello,

I am the Initiative Leader for IBM's Problem Reporting Infrastructure.
Within that initiative is the effort to migrate ServiceLink customers from
the ETR application to IBM Service Request (SR). Based in part upon the
concerns raised on this mailing list, we have slowed the migration and are
evaluating a new deadline. An announcement was recently made on
ServiceLink to this effect. We are also evaluating what more we can do
during this migration time frame to ease your transition.

I wanted to provide some general background on IBM's rationale for this
migration. When IBM started its transformation efforts, our customers had
six different applications to use, depending upon how they purchased their
products from IBM. Our goal is to provide a single service request
management application that supports all of our customers through all of
our lines of business. Our primary customer value objectives are to
eliminate customer confusion over which web application to use, combine
best of breed use cases to improve ease-of-use, and ultimately increase
satisfaction with our Electronic Support offerings.

The SR application provides some substantial enhancements over ETR, such
as:

File uploads – Attach multiple files to the service request in-line
View/manage all service requests – Manage service requests regardless of
channel of input or of open/closed status and access archived service
requests up to one year
Business partner integration – Collaborate on service requests with your
IBM-authorized business partners
Language options – Interact in multiple languages based upon browser
setting
Personalization options – Personalize many functions and displays
Continuous availability – Access to three hosting centers, each with
internal redundancy, operating at 150% capacity in normal operation

I have linked my presentation to SHARE from this past August in Boston.
Some of the screen shots may be a bit different than current production,
so please excuse that minor differentiation. As always, if you have
specific issues with using the SR application, you can submit an
assistance request online or via e-mail. Also, we have recently published
a Technical Note for common issues that ETR users have experienced. This
note will be linked from ServiceLink within the next few business days.

Thanks,
Christian

Christian Gilmore
Distinguished IT Architect
Problem Reporting Infrastructure Initiative Leader
IBM Worldwide Technical Support Transformation