On 26 Mar 2011 15:42:24 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>On 3/24/2011 1:19 PM, Clark Morris wrote:
>> On 19 Mar 2011 06:55:11 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:
>>
>>> So (once again) the tech support bods (vendor and customer) are dancing
>>> around on egg-shells trying to accommodate policy decisions made by
>>> sales/marketing/legal droids.
>> I consider the zIIP zAP thing something that may compromise security
>> and which causes effort to be made just to save money.  The effect may
>> be to have people look at platform movement if they are going to have
>> to rewrite/replace software to save money anyway.
>
>Compromise security? How?

My incomplete and possibly erroneous interpretations of past postings
here led me to believe that zIIP and zAP work had to run in SRB mode
and I also recall someone else claiming this was a security exposure.
Despite having been an MVS (but not OS390 or zOS) systems programmer,
my understanding of these issues is incomplete.  On the other hand, as
a person who worked for customers, I hate my employers being charged
more to run that portion of my work that it costs less for IBM and
ISVs to support.

Clark Morris