On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 17:29:25 +0200, Binyamin Dissen
<bdis...@dissensoftware.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:35:02 -0500 Etienne Thijsse <e.thij...@chello.nl>
>wrote:
>
>:>I need my C program to start another program that is in the same load
library.
>:>To discover the name of this load library, I use BLDL to get a concatenation
>:>number in STEPLIB or JOBLIB, and RDJFCB with DDname "STEPLIB"
or "JOBLIB"
>:>to get the name from these lists.
>
>:>This works fine in batch. Now I would like to do the same under TSO. I
>:>thought I could use the TSO command TSOLIB to set STEPLIB, but no, BLDL
>:>returns error 4, so apparently STEPLIB was not set correctly. LISTALC
shows a
>:>new DDname called SYS00070, though...
>
>:>I also tried the STEPLIB command under TSO. This time BLDL does succeed,
>:>returning '2' as the source, which means STEPLIB or JOBLIB. But now
RDJFCB
>:>fails... it looks like a DDname other than STEPLIB is being used as STEPLIB:
the
>:>LISTALC command shows a new DDname $TEP0001.
>
>:>Does anyone know if the DCB and/or the DDname of this SYS00070 (in the
>:>case of TSOLIB) or $TEP0001 (in the case of the STEPLIB command) is
>:>available in some control block somewhere, and if so, in which one?
>
>You would find the DCB addresses in the TCBJLB field. You need to check
every
>TCB up from your TCB.
>
>--

Thank you for your reply, but that does not seem to be the solution.
If I feed TCBJLB to BLDL, then it will only succeed under batch; under TSO it
will fail, both when I use TSOLIB and STEPLIB. Before, I gave BLDL simply 0,
and BLDL would work for both batch and under TSO with the STEPLIB
command, so using TCBJLB seems to prevent BLDL from looking 'elsewhere'.

With 'check every TCB' I think you mean using TCBTCB to get the next TCB,
use its TCBJLB and then its TCBTCB to get the next, etc. .
In PSATOLD, TCBTCB is zero so there is no other TCB.

Thanks,

Etienne