On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Ward, Mike S <mw...@ssfcu.org> wrote:
> Hello all, we are z/os 1.11. I had a programmer complain the his job
> didn't jcl out on him and he expected it to.
>

> His program opens CCTXNSO and GLTXNSO as output
>
> OPEN OUTPUT CC-TRANS.
> OPEN OUTPUT GL-TRANS.
>
> Since he did not have a DD for these two files, it looks like SMS had
> enough info about the file to create a work file.
>
> IGD101I SMS ALLOCATED TO DDNAME (CCTXNSO )
>        DSN (SYS11096.T093103.RA000.D250RADC.R0132772    )
>        STORCLAS (WORK) MGMTCLAS (        ) DATACLAS (BATDC5)
>        VOL SER NOS= TEMP13
> IGD17271I ALLOCATION HAS BEEN ALLOWED TO PROCEED FOR DATA SET
> SYS11096.T093103.RA000.D250RADC.R0132773
> ALTHOUGH VOLUME COUNT REQUIREMENTS COULD NOT BE MET
> IGD101I SMS ALLOCATED TO DDNAME (GLTXNSO )
>        DSN (SYS11096.T093103.RA000.D250RADC.R0132773    )
>        STORCLAS (WORK) MGMTCLAS (        ) DATACLAS (BATDC5)
>       VOL SER NOS= TEMP03
>
> This is why he did not get a JCL error.

I don't this is this is an SMS issue.  If an ass ember program program
opens a DCB which does not have a DDNAME allocated to it (either via
jcl or svc99) an error will occur.

You may want to look to the LE setup for COBOL.  It would appear that
the DDNAME is being dynamically allocated based on the COBOL FD.