On 4/8/2011 3:49 PM, Ward, Mike S wrote:
Hello all, we are z/os 1.11. I had a programmer complain the his job
didn't jcl out on him and he expected it to.

His program opens CCTXNSO and GLTXNSO as output

OPEN OUTPUT CC-TRANS.
OPEN OUTPUT GL-TRANS.

Since he did not have a DD for these two files, it looks like SMS had
enough info about the file to create a work file.

IGD101I SMS ALLOCATED TO DDNAME (CCTXNSO )
         DSN (SYS11096.T093103.RA000.D250RADC.R0132772    )
         STORCLAS (WORK) MGMTCLAS (        ) DATACLAS (BATDC5)
         VOL SER NOS= TEMP13
IGD17271I ALLOCATION HAS BEEN ALLOWED TO PROCEED FOR DATA SET
SYS11096.T093103.RA000.D250RADC.R0132773
ALTHOUGH VOLUME COUNT REQUIREMENTS COULD NOT BE MET
IGD101I SMS ALLOCATED TO DDNAME (GLTXNSO )
         DSN (SYS11096.T093103.RA000.D250RADC.R0132773    )
         STORCLAS (WORK) MGMTCLAS (        ) DATACLAS (BATDC5)
        VOL SER NOS= TEMP03

This is why he did not get a JCL error.

Now I need an SMS guru. Why did SMS do this? Shouldn't it have just
jcled out with a dd card missing statement?

Good chance this is really an LE runtime parameter error, not an SMS issue.

See if you are running with CBLQDA(ON); simplest to probably
add PARM='/RPTOPTS(ON)' to see what the listing says.

Alternatively, run with PARM='/CBLDQA(OFF)' to see if you get
different results.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our new tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html