OOPS sorry spoke to soon. I see that you mentioned where down below.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Ron Hawkins
Sent: Saturday, April 16, 2011 12:59 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: CPU utilization/forecasting

Mike,

There's 30 years of Papers and discussions on how to do Capacity
Planning
for MVS.

The answer is far more complex than the simplicity of your question.
Averages or peaks? What about percentiles and omission of outliers?

A quick Google shows there are courses (Guerilla Capacity Planning),
many
red books, and articles that you can download or buy (Capacity Planning
for
MVS 1979:Artis).

You may find some better answers than "it depends" in amongst the 30
years
of flotsam and jetsam on floating around the internet.

Ron

Behalf Of

==========================
solely for the use of the individual or entity
to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the
sender immediately by e-mail if you
have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
If you are not the intended recipient
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in