Paul

> ... if he'd simply STFU.

Would that Ted MacNeil had followed your rather rude advice!

Incidentally, you'll find very few occurrences of the words "UNIX System
Services" in the neighbourhood of the dread initialism in my posts - but I
don't
suppose you had the wit to check!

I suppose you'll say it's those "behind bars" who mainly generate the traffic
and of course those - I'd better not say - are out of control.

> More likely, they have a nest of spiders that crawl the Web, ...

Which makes the self-styled

http://www.acronymfinder.com/USS.html

highly suspect. There's truths, damn truths and what you can find on
the "web"![1]

> When I want to understand an acronym, I rarely RTFM; ...

If it's in an IBM context, you will succeed more effectively by using the
following page:

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/globalization/terminology/

What's important in the case of IBM-MAIN - and possibly other lists where
z/OS Communications Server can be involved - is that by paying attention, list
subscribers can discover correct usage not by random Googling but by reading
accurate posts - and judging the worth of contributors - especially those who
persist in not caring whether they produce accurate information or not.

-

[1] I know this is a family list but some quotations - a deliberate
misquotation
in this case - need to be (mis)quoted accurately!

-

Chris Mason