From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Pommier, Rex R.
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2011 11:18 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Not able to Ftp

Hal,

Actually that isn't it (I don't think anyway).  I have been following the
thread and tried the same FTP command.  Mine works fine, and I get the same
security message.  The thing I find interesting is that there doesn't appear to
be any logon message.  Here are the final few lines of an FTP to myself.  I
would be more looking at the message in the "-v" output that says it is using
"FTP configuration defaults".  From a later post by the original poster, I
haven't talked myself into deleting the /usr/lib directory path to see if I can
recreate the problem.  :-)

EZA1554I Connecting to:   172.16.0.3 port: 21.
220-FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V1R10 at testlpar.CNASURETY.NET, 16:06:12 on 2011-05-05.
220 Connection will close if idle for more than 5 minutes.
GU4872 ftpSetApplData: entered
CZ0462 ftpOpen: no security mechanism is specified
GV0515 seq_stat_file(2): lrecl=0 recfm=0 blksize=0 mode=1
CZ1483 rnetrc:(3) file RRPX.NETRC does not exist
EZA1459I NAME (172.16.0.3:RRPX):

Rex