Can you post the full text of the TRANSMIT command?  Did you make any SMS
changes recently?

Regards,
John K

  From:       Thomas David Rivers <riv...@dignus.com>

  To:         IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu

  Date:       05/10/2011 09:44 AM

  Subject:    IEBCOPY suddently unable to allocate utility data set

For some reason, this morning; IEBCOPY isn't happy.

When I do a TRANSMIT command, I'm now getting this:

 INMX040I TRANSMIT command terminated.  Failure in partitioned dataset
unload using IEBCOPY. +
 INMX042I Allocation error building OUTPUT file
 IKJ56221I UTILITY DATA SET NOT ALLOCATED, VOLUME NOT AVAILABLE+
 IKJ56221I VOLUME  NECESSARY TO SATISFY YOUR REQUEST NOT ON SYSTEM, AND
CANNOT BE MOUNTED

I'm pretty sure nothing changed on the system... but, a persusal of the JES
messages/log doesn't give me a clue which volume it thinks is missing.

This has been working for months (since our upgrade to z/OS 1.11) but
 suddenly has stopped working.

 Does anyone know what VOLUME IEBCOPY might be looking for; and why
 it would mysteriously have gone missing?

 (My search for IKJ56221I seemed to point to tape volumes, but I'm
definately
 not doing anything with tapes - just trying to TRANSMIT a LOAD module
(PDS)).

    - Thanks for any pointers -
       - Dave Rivers -

--