It's not IEBCOPY doing the allocation, it's XMIT, and the reason there is
not VOLSER is because it doesn't care about the VOLSER, it just wants to
allocate a temp dataset, and it can't find find a volume to allocate it on.

I suspect that there was an SMS change that caused this.

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Thomas David Rivers <riv...@dignus.com>wrote:

> Gord Tomlin wrote:
>
>  Hi Dave,
>>
>> From what I've seen, TRANSMIT first does an IEBCOPY unload to a temporary
>> data set and then copies the output to its final RECFM=FB destination. Your
>> messages suggest that the problem is happening on the IEBCOPY unload, so it
>> is the allocation of the temporary data set that is failing. Do you have a
>> UNIT set in the TSO segment of your RACF user profile?
>>

> Hi Gord,
>
> Yeah - I agree - it's clearly IEBCOPY that is having problems with its
> temp data set.
>
> But - the real conumdrum here is why suddenly today, when, supposedly,
> nothing has changed - particularly nothing in my RACF profile.
>
> At least - nothing was purposefully changed.
>
> I would expect some message about which volume it was looking for,
> somewhere...
>
> I'll check the RACF profile to see if UNIT is defined there...
>
>  - Thanks! -
>  - Dave R. -
>

> --
> riv...@dignus.com                        Work: (919) 676-0847
> Get your mainframe programming tools at http://www.dignus.com

CONFIDENTIALITY/EMAIL NOTICE: The material in this transmission contains
confidential and privileged information intended only for the addressee.
If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you have
received this material in error and that any forwarding, copying, printing,
distribution, use or disclosure of the material is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this material in error, please (i) do not read it,
(ii) reply to the sender that you received the message in error, and
(iii) erase or destroy the material. Emails are not secure and can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are deemed
to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by email. Thank you.