Hi Dave,

From what I've seen, TRANSMIT first does an IEBCOPY unload to a temporary data set and then copies the output to its final RECFM=FB destination. Your messages suggest that the problem is happening on the IEBCOPY unload, so it is the allocation of the temporary data set that is failing. Do you have a UNIT set in the TSO segment of your RACF user profile?

--

Regards, Gord Tomlin
Action Software International
(a division of Mazda Computer Corporation)
Tel: (905) 470-7113, Fax: (905) 470-6507

On 2011-05-10 11:56, Thomas David Rivers wrote:
Thomas David Rivers wrote:

For some reason, this morning; IEBCOPY isn't happy.

When I do a TRANSMIT command, I'm now getting this:

INMX040I TRANSMIT command terminated. Failure in partitioned dataset
unload using IEBCOPY. +
INMX042I Allocation error building OUTPUT file
IKJ56221I UTILITY DATA SET NOT ALLOCATED, VOLUME NOT AVAILABLE+
IKJ56221I VOLUME NECESSARY TO SATISFY YOUR REQUEST NOT ON SYSTEM, AND
CANNOT BE MOUNTED

To answer some of the questions, here's the TSO TRANSMIT command:

tso transmit ma.ma ds(dignus.load) outds(load.xmi)

there have been no SMS changes; and this is on a zPDT system... no changes
at all.

The target data set is pre-allocated (the "load.xmi" data set) but I
don't think
that's the target of IEBCOPY - it's just the target of TRANSMIT.

I think I need to find out just what VOLUME IEBCOPY is looking for, but
I can't seem to find any kind of messages detailing the VOLUME... just
those
I've cut-n-pasted above.

- Dave Rivers -