---------------------------------<snip>---------------------------------

I know I can IEBGENER etc individual files to a new tape. But on the 1 TB
raw capacity tapes we are using, we have 5,000 files and more on a tape, and
I would prefer not to have to code JCL to copy each of those files! In the
absence of anything better, I will write REXX to create such JCL, using RMM
info about the tape datasets as the source.
I can't think of any reason that REXX can't be used to allocate the appropriate tape files, invoke the utilities as needed and be done with the whole job.

Does anyone know if IEHMOVE has been updated for large blksizes? It MIGHT be "just what the doctor ordered".

Rick