-----------------------------------<snip>-----------------------------------

On Tue, 10 May 2011 14:36:57 -0500, Rick Fochtman <rfocht...@ync.net> wrote:

I can't think of any reason that REXX can't be used to allocate the
appropriate tape files, invoke the utilities as needed and be done with
the whole job.

Does anyone know if IEHMOVE has been updated for large blksizes? It
MIGHT be "just what the doctor ordered".

Rick

It seems not, Rick, unless I'm using it incorrectly...

SYSTEM SUPPORT UTILITIES ---- IEHMOVE COPY VOLUME=TAPE=101178,TO=TAPE=200198 IEH403I UNABLE TO MOVE/COPY VOLUME FROM NON DIRECT ACCESSDEVICE
Regards, Fred
Does the name "TAPE" appear in your device name table? You also need a DD statement that refers to each tape volume; IEHMOVE will modify it and use OPEN TYPE=J to access the ap[[ropriate files.

Rick