________________________________
From: Rick Fochtman <rfocht...@ync.net>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Thu, May 12, 2011 2:21:15 PM
Subject: Re: Copying tapes with 256K blocksizes
---------SNIP------------
----------------------------------<unsnip>----------------------------------
Does the name "TAPE" appear in your device name table? You also need a
DD statement that refers to each tape volume; IEHMOVE will modify it and
use OPEN TYPE=J to access the ap[[ropriate files.

Rick
----SNIP------

Rick:

When I first saw your suggestion I almost lost my lunch:(:

I guess you are serious.. I would never in 1000 years suggest IEHMOVE to anyone
(even an enemy).
My use of it dropped to zero back in the 1980's.
It has to be the worst "utility" that IBM ever came up with. AFAIK it still
suffers from the col 16 conyinuation and the column 72 issue and the most
obscure control cards that IBM has ever come up with, IMO.
Sorry to open my mouth but suggesting IEHMOVE is like suggesting a lollipop
with
cyanide coating to a kid.

Ed