I agree.  Also our programmers would most likely declare it too complicated
to use.

Personally, if I want to do this sort of thing, I use Co:Z from Dovetailed
Technologies to run under z/OS UNIX using its piping.  It is possible to run
normal batch work via a UNIX shell. It is just a bit more difficulty to
allocate the datasets properly.

--
John McKown
Maranatha! <><