Yep z/VM was great with PIPES, Unix is the same ...z/OS should get with the
program and do the same ..Rexx you can outtrap , etc , but not like PIPES..

Scott J Ford

________________________________
From: Cris Hernandez #9 <hernandez...@yahoo.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Sun, June 12, 2011 8:09:55 PM
Subject: Re: BatchPipes/MVS

If you have seriously large quantities of data to process in a short amount of
time, it works wonders.  used it back when it was new, had 5 jobs reading multi
tape volumes feeding the rest of the 20 batch jobs running various sorts & appl
programs.  works great when all goes well, a real bear when one the jobs fails
and you have to restart it all.