I have indeed considered that.  Fairly trivial to do I believe--the REXX SDSF
interface is pretty straight-forward and complete.  I've done one browser-based
tool that analyzes the spool utilization (owner, job name, class, etc.) and it
was pretty straight-forward.  I've also read and converted spool output to XML
and displayed it in a browser as well, which can be slightly more convoluted
than necessary due to trying to figure out what carriage control is in use.

Getting to 90% of the functionality of SDSF via a browser interface and some
only slightly clever server-side code would not be difficult.  I however lack
the time and compelling reason: I know how to use SDSF and don't have a user
base that needs browser based access to it.  It would be cool, but there are
other more important things to do that may be just as cool.

One would have to be somewhat more clever, but I'm not sure why we couldn't
also replicate much of RD/z as well.  For my time/money that's potentially more
useful than replicating SDSF in a browser.  I'm thinking either one could build
one's own interface in Eclipse or possibly via a web app that provides an
in-browser editor similar/using to bespin/skywriter/ace.  But this is idle
musing: I haven't explored the idea in detail, it just seems reasonable to
believe it would be possible with relatively little code.  At least for the
base functionality.

Scott Chapman

<snip...>