On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 08:48:07 -0500, Walt Farrell wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:51:35 -0500, Hal Merritt wrote:
>
>>Will passphrase support help? That's getting pretty pervasive, or so I'm told.
>
>Not for this issue, because he's looking for a longer TSO user ID, not a
>longer password.

But imagine extending the OMVS USERIDALIASTABLE to cover not only
OMVS logons but also TSO logons.

    http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/bpxzb2b0/3.7.4.3

This already exists.  It can map an 8-character logon ID to a 7-character
TSO ID.  It should be compatible with all existing TSO control blocks.

-- gil