From:   Ken Hume IBM <kph...@live.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Date:   07/28/2011 03:50 PM
Subject:        Re: disclosing "business" information on the internet
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

Frank,

 From your website....

"FirstBank has a full-time software developer position available for a
.NET software developer. Responsibilities include analysis, design,
coding, and testing of new multi-tier applications as well as enhancing
existing applications in a team environment.

Applicant must have at least two years of professional experience with
C# or Delphi. Applicant needs strong Delphi or C# skills with some
ADO.NET (preferably with Oracle's ODP.NET). Experience with IIS, XML,
WCF, SQL, ASP.NET, AJAX, or web services is a plus."

That, and the java position you have open tells folks a lot about what
you have there. I'm sure you have advertised for positions that require
z/OS and COBOL experience.

I think they are over reacting a bit.

Ken Hume
IBM PD Tools Client Advocate
(720)396-7776
kph...@us.ibm.com

On 7/28/2011 12:20 PM, Frank Swarbrick wrote:
> Here's something that I think may be of general interest.
>
> Our information security officer sent the following to my manager:  "The
content Frank is positing does not appear to be specific to our
environment.  However, I am concern by the fact he posts his position,
where he works, and phone number.  This creates some social engineering
risk, as well as discloses information about the operating systems we use.
 Who can I talk with to ask Frank to remove information related to where
he works on this conversation thread and future ones?"

> Are these concerns justified or just paranoia?
>
> I like posting this information because I've received useful contacts
and information based on it.  I'm curious what policies other businesses
have.